The dangers of rigging operations in the offshore environment cannot be overemphasized. Through classroom problems and hands-on exercises, CICB’s experienced instructors will assist candidates in determining the correct size and type of rigging equipment required to safely perform onshore and offshore lifting operations. Candidates that attend this two-day program will leave with a more thorough understanding of the critical elements of rigging, lifting and moving loads and personnel safely in onshore and offshore environments. This program draws heavily from the API RP 2D recommended practices coupled with ASME B30.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or find out more about Offshore Rigger Training.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Applicable OSHA, ASME, and API Standards
- Sling, Rigging and Rigging Hardware Selection
- Determining the Weight of the Load
- Center of Gravity Determination
- Wire Rope Stress Dynamics
- Effects of Sling Angles
- Rigging Gear and Hardware Inspections
- Hitch Selection and Applications
- Documentation Requirements
- Accident Causes and Prevention
- Crane Dynamics
- Proper Load Securing Before Lifting
- Hand and Voice Signal Communications
- Basic Math Applications
- Operations During Inclement Weather
To request a registration form please click on the date/location you wish to attend. You will be directed to a request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.
|Location||Start Date||End Date|