The dangers of rigging operations in the offshore environment cannot be overemphasized. Through classroom problems and hands-on exercises, CICB’s experienced instructors will assist candidates in determining the correct size and type of rigging equipment required to safely perform onshore and offshore lifting operations. Candidates that attend this two-day program will leave with a more thorough understanding of the critical elements of rigging, lifting and moving loads and personnel safely in onshore and offshore environments. This program draws heavily from the API RP 2D recommended practices coupled with ASME B30.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or find out more about Offshore Rigger Training.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Applicable OSHA, ASME, and API Standards
- Sling, Rigging and Rigging Hardware Selection
- Determining the Weight of the Load
- Center of Gravity Determination
- Wire Rope Stress Dynamics
- Effects of Sling Angles
- Rigging Gear and Hardware Inspections
- Hitch Selection and Applications
- Documentation Requirements
- Accident Causes and Prevention
- Crane Dynamics
- Proper Load Securing Before Lifting
- Hand and Voice Signal Communications
- Basic Math Applications
- Operations During Inclement Weather
What Past Attendees Say:
“Due to my desire to make a career change, and after exhaustive research, I contacted CICB for my training as a mobile crane operator. Not only did they offer a full curriculum of the training I desired, but also a NCCCO Preparatory Course and testing facility in my immediate area. In my 30+ years of working in the construction industry, I have taken many safety training courses from a myriad of professional trainers. It’s a rarity to find one that is not only knowledgeable in the subject matter, but enjoys being able to share that knowledge with others. I feel that CICB is one of these rare trainers.”
F.D., Baytown, TX
To request a registration form please click on the date/location you wish to attend. You will be directed to a request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.