OSHA Cranes and Derricks in Construction
The Manager and Supervisor Training Program for the OSHA 1926 Cranes & Derricks in Construction has been developed with the objectives to assist organizations, management and employers achieve and maintain compliance with this comprehensive standard. This standard was released on August 9, 2010 for the construction industry, requirements for operators, riggers, signal persons, spotters, and assembly/disassembly directors to be trained as Qualified or Competent by November 10, 2017.
All personnel attending this three-day program will gain significant and useful information required for safe crane operations. CICB’s objectives are to provide important documentation, dates and interpretations for all participants.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or find out more about on-site Manager and Supervisor Training for OHSA 1926 Cranes & derricks in Construction.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Operator Qualification and/or Certification
- Signal Person Qualification
- Rigging Qualification
- Refresher Training
- Maintenance and Repair Personnel Qualification Requirements
- Assembly/Disassembly of Lattice Boom or Tower Cranes
- Multi-Crane/Derrick Operation
- Working around Power Lines
- Crane Inspections
- Maintenance versus Construction Compliance
This program is a great tool to use in preparing managers and supervisors for:
- Construction Projects
- Turnarounds, Shutdowns, and Refueling Projects
- Annual Corporate Safety Meetings
- General Industry
- Hiring Contractors
Relevant Fact Sheets:
- Final Rule. Significant changes, requirements, and benefits for the new rule.
- Assembly and Disassembly, Subpart CC
- Operator Qualification and Certification, Subpart CC
- Signal Person Qualification, Subpart CC
- Qualified Rigger, Subpart CC
- Frequently Asked Questions
- “Construction” Versus “Maintenance” As It Pertains To the New OSHA Crane Law
- Construction Personnel Training Chart
Copy of Standard 1926.1400
What Past Attendees Say:
“Due to my desire to make a career change, and after exhaustive research, I contacted CICB for my training as a mobile crane operator. Not only did they offer a full curriculum of the training I desired, but also a NCCCO Preparatory Course and testing facility in my immediate area. In my 30+ years of working in the construction industry, I have taken many safety training courses from a myriad of professional trainers. It’s a rarity to find one that is not only knowledgeable in the subject matter, but enjoys being able to share that knowledge with others. I feel that CICB is one of these rare trainers.”
F.D., Baytown, TX
To request a registration form please click on the date/location you wish to attend. You will be directed to a request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.