Improper use of Forklifts can injure the operator, damage equipment, and endanger others nearby. Operation of any forklift should always be restricted only to those who are qualified, competent and designated as Forklift Operators by the employer. In order to be qualified, employers should insist that operators have gone through training in the operation on the type of forklift they will be operating and have successfully completed a written and practical examination.
CICB’s Forklift Operator Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of experienced operators, trainees, safety personnel, maintenance personnel, inspectors, managers and supervisors in the care and safe operation of forklifts. All personnel attending this one-day program will gain significant and useful skills and will leave with a stronger understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Forklift Operators. Specific types of forklifts can be made available upon request for training and practical examinations.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or find out more about on-site Forklift Operator Training.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Applicable OSHA & ANSI/ITSDF Safety Standards
- Forklift Nomenclature and Construction
- Operator Qualifications
- Operator Requirements and Responsibilities
- Safe, Effective and Efficient Operating Techniques
- Operational Limitations
- Methods and Forms of Communication
- Equipment Overload, Shock Loading
- Pre-Operation & Post Operation Inspections
- Inspection Procedure and Documentation
- Equipment Maintenance
- Minimizing the Opportunity for Accidents
Types of Forklifts Covered:
- Warehouse Forklifts
- Rough Terrain Forklifts
- Telescopic Boom Forklifts
- Top Lift Container Handler
To request a registration form please click on the date/location you wish to attend. You will be directed to a request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.