Mobile Crane Inspections
Mobile Cranes Inspections are an important part of construction and general industry. Their use includes setting steel, tilt up construction, lifting concrete panels and many uses in plants and facilities. CICB knows the importance and complexities of these types of mobile cranes and offers a premier inspection service to you, the customer.
CICB’s Mobile Crane Inspection criteria include the following:
- Performed on site.
- Inspections comply with applicable regulations, safety codes and standards for that type of crane.
- Performed in accordance with the crane manufacturer’s specifications.
- Review of mobile crane’s history file, to include records of past load tests, inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Verify correct load capacity chart is mounted on crane.
- Verify that the counterweights are mounted correctly and that all warning decals/labels are legible.
- Confirm size, type, condition, and construction of hoist wire rope that is installed on crane.
- Inspect for cracked, deformed or corroded members of the crane structure and the entire boom
- Inspect for loose nuts, bolts or rivets.
- Inspect for cracked or worn sheaves and hoist drums.
- Inspect for worn, cracked or distorted parts such as pins, bearings, shafts, gears, rollers and locking devices.
- Inspect for inaccuracies and required annual certification of operational aids.
- Inspect for excessive wear of brake and clutch system parts, linings, pawls and ratchets.
- Check for lack of performance and compliance of with safety requirements of power plants
- Check for excessive wear of chain drive sprockets and excessive chain stretch on crawler cranes.
- Inspection of load hooks shall include visual inspection for distortion, wear or damage.
- Check for malfunctioning travel steering braking and locking devices.
- Check for excessively worn or damaged tires.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic hose fittings and tubing hose or at fittings and couplings for leakage.
- Conduct a function test checking for proper operation of the following:
- All controls, mechanisms, operating systems and brakes
- All safety devices and limit switches
- All operator aids
- Rated load test, if desired
Shall not include any disassembly or removing any cover or guard. The customer is to provide mechanic support.
Upon completion of the inspection a written report of all noted visible deficiencies and recommendations pertaining to the safe use of a mobile crane will be issued.
When required, report findings to the appropriate regulatory agency.
Inspection Items or Services Not Performed by CICB
- Operating the crane
- Nondestructive testing (NDT) of any component
- Maintenance Determining load weights
- Rigging loads to include test load weights
- Supplying of test weights or rigging