Overhead Crane/Hoist and Rigging Inspector
To request a registration form please click on the date/location you wish to attend. You will be directed to a request form and we will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or fill out our contact form.
The Overhead Crane/Hoist and Rigging Inspector Training program is specifically designed to upgrade the existing knowledge and skill levels of all levels of overhead crane/hoist and rigging inspectors. The information provided in the classroom is reinforced with hands-on application sessions with overhead cranes/hoists and rigging gear at CICB’s Houston and Orlando training facilities, at other scheduled locations through the United States, or at your site. All personnel attending this three-day program will gain significant and useful inspection techniques and skills and will leave with a broader understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of Overhead Crane/Hoist and Rigging Inspectors.
For on-site training at your facilities with your equipment, call us at 800-327-1386 or find out more about on-site Overhead Crane/Hoist and Rigging Inspector Training.
You will benefit from learning about:
- Overhead Bridge Cranes, Monorail & Underhung Cranes,
Jib Cranes, Rail Mounted & Rubber Tire Gantry Cranes
- Applicable OSHA & ANSI/ASME Regulations and Standards
- Crane and Hoist Design, Construction & Terminology
- Effective Inspection Procedures and Checklists
- Proper Use of Inspection Tools
- Basic Crane, Hoisting and Rigging Gear Maintenance
- Intervals for Crane Inspections
- Manufacturer’s Recommendations
- Inspection of Crane Safety Devices and Operational Aides
- Crane Electrical System Inspection
- Hoisting Systems’ Inspection
- Wire Rope Design, Maintenance and Inspection
- Load Test Requirements and Procedures
- Inspection of Various Crane Components including
- Safety Devices and Stops
- Rails and Runways
- Inspection of Rigging Hardware including
- Hoist Rings
- Turn Buckles
- Load Blocks
- Inspection of Slings including
- Wire rope slings
- Synthetic slings
- Alloy chain slings
- Web slings
- Round slings
- Metal Mesh slings
- High Performance slings
- Twin Path slings
- Inspection of Lifting Devices
- Sling Protection and Damage Prevention
- Rigging Inventory Management
- Required Records and Documentation
Call CICB at 800-327-1386 to Learn More.